Binoculars are necessary for many outdoor activities be it sporting events like golfing, boating, hunting, bird watching, and star gazing. If you like doing any of these activities, it is almost impossible to enjoy it without a solid pair of binoculars.
The 7X50 Marine binocular has a generous field of view and a rich depth of field. These features help to see clearly objects that are near and those that are far. This binocular is definitely a good choice that will meet all your glassing needs; be it in the wild outdoors or out on the seas.
Buying quality binoculars is not an easy task. This is especially because there are so many different brands available. Also, technology has led to the improvement of binoculars resulting in better quality. One needs to carry out a bit of research before making a choice.
When shopping for a great pair of binoculars that provides good quality images, some of the common elements that you should look out for include: the magnification, objective lens diameter, lens coating, size and weight, field of view, eye relief (for users who wear glasses), and its ease of use.
- Weight 36 ounces
- Has a 356 foot field of view at 1000 yards
- A 50mm objective lens and 20mm eye relief
- 7x Magnification
- Chassis made of Makrolon Polycarbonate
- The optics are high-contrast and fully multi-coated
- Has Sports-Auto-Focus with eyepieces that are adjusted individually
- A Silicone-Based Floating Prism System to absorb shock
- Fold-down eyecups made of rubber
- NBR Rubber Armoring for durability
- Has rich depth of field thanks to the traditional Porro prism design
The chassis is temperature resistant and keeps the binoculars at a constant temperature in either cold or wet and prevents it from expanding and contracting. The chassis also protects against impact and corrosion.
The glass is fully waterproof thanks to its water-repellent surface and sealing. This is made possible by the coating with Steiner’s patented nano-protection.
The 50mm objective lens offers an impressive field of view.
With the relatively high price, it is expected that the image quality should be nothing short of amazing. The 7×50 binoculars do not disappoint on this; it features high precision optics that give sharply contoured images.
The magnification offered by these binoculars through the 50mm objective lens is seven-fold; hence the name Steiner Marine 7X50.
This magnification guarantees stable image tracking and a great field of vision.
At a distance of 1000 yards, these binoculars offer a 356 foot FOV.
The binoculars have eyecups that are easily adjustable to accommodate small and large glasses. Their design leaves no gap between the skin around your eyes and the eyecups. This makes them very comfortable to use.
- Amazing clarity and field of vision
- Bright antiglare optics
- Excellent body structure
- Fabulous for different weather conditions like rain and fog
- Waterproof up to a depth of 10 meters
- Strong construction so they’re very durable
- Has a rubber grip
- Performs well in low light
- Suitable for different weather
- Easy to use so even inexperienced users can operate them
- Great autofocus
- A lifetime warranty
- Not expensive for solid mid-range marine binos
- Quite heavy
- This model does not have a built-in compass
- Pretty large
- The strap that comes with it is small
- The manual has many instructions that are not really relevant
The Steiner Marine 7X50 binoculars are designed for marine use. You will find these binoculars being used mainly in boats or on bodies of water.
These binoculars are definitely built to last. They can withstand water pressure up to a depth of up to 10 meters for extended periods. Furthermore, these binoculars will serve all your binocular needs for a long time.
They also have an auto sport focusing feature where moving targets are brought into focus without having to adjust the focusing knob. The multi-coated optics ensure that there is effective viewing in low light areas.
In short, these binoculars are a must have for any adventurous soul out there who wants to venture out onto the water.