Here you can find concise recommendations on what binoculars to choose, as well as the models worth taking into account.
Let’s start with the features that are a must.
Features to Pay Attention to When Buying 8x30 Binoculars
8x30 binoculars are quite versatile and suit well most of the active outdoor activities, from bird watching to trekking. When choosing a pair of 8x30 binos, it’s important to take into consideration the following parameters:
- Optical quality (HD (high-definition) or ED (extra-low dispersion) lenses deliver the sharpest and brightest images, so if you see such a characteristic, that’s a great point);
- Prism coating/Lens coating (Fully multi-coated lenses are considered the best for wildlife viewing in any weather and time of the day, and the coating also adds to the durability of the item);
- Light weight (If you are planning to take the binoculars with you on a long hiking adventure, or you want to spend some considerable time on wildlife spotting, the pair of binoculars must be lightweight and comfortable to hold for long);
- Wide field of view (FOV) (The wider the field of view, the easier it will be to locate birds, fish, or any other elements of interest far from you);
- Fog- and waterproofness (You never know for sure, whether the weather will be on your side or not. To be able to enjoy wildlife and scenery in any weather and light quantity, it’s worth aiming for water- and fogproof binoculars. Preferably, the selected model should be fully sealed, Nitrogen filled, and rubber armored for enhanced experience);
- Comfortable eye relief (This characteristic is especially important if you are wearing glasses, as it’s crucial to choose the pair of binoculars that will be comfortable to use);
- Warranty (Usually, the most quality items come with the longest warranty, because the manufacturer is confident in its product. Anyway, a warranty is another good point to consider that adds to the credibility of binoculars).
If you are looking for a safe bet that will serve you best for almost any outdoor activity, this Nikon PROSTAFF 7S model is what you are looking for. Fitted with fully multi-coated Eco-glass lenses, these binoculars deliver high-resolution, bright viewing with correct color reproduction.
Thanks to the phase-correction coating of the roof prisms, you are guaranteed high-contrast images with minimized loss of light because of reflection. Although these binos may be slightly dimmer at low light compared to 8x42 models, they allow for images of really great quality within this price range. What’s more, the Nikon PROSTAFF 7S model is fully water- and fogproof, being Nitrogen filled and O-Ring sealed.
To sum up, these compact binos can be a nice pick for birding, hiking, and basically any other outdoor adventure.
The Nikon 16000 PROSTAFF 7S Binoculars are for you if:
- You want to get yourself high-performing binoculars without breaking the bank;
- You are looking for quality optics that will allow for high-resolution, contrast images with the right color reproduction;
- You don’t want to dig into tons of binos’ specifics and just want the picked device to serve you well.
The Steiner manufacturer is world-renowned for providing military optics quality even in civilian binoculars. This pair of binos from the Steiner Military-Marine series can survive the worst weather conditions, steadily delivering a crystal clear and stable view.
The Sports-Auto-Focus is the most prominent feature of this model that allows keeping everything in focus from 20 yards and beyond. Even in low-light conditions and without a tripod, you can enjoy high-resolution images without the need for constant focusing.
You know that these Steiner binoculars are built to serve forever when assessing the materials. These water-resistant binos are manufactured with a durable Makrolon housing, rugged polycarbonate chassis, and NBR quality rubber armoring that can survive 11G’s of impact.
If you need a pair of binoculars to observe fast-moving objects in any weather conditions without constantly re-adjusting the center focus wheel, it’s worth going with this Steiner model.
The Steiner Military-Marine Series Binoculars are for you if:
- You are looking for civilian binoculars that can deliver pro-level performance;
- You want to have clear imagery in any light or weather conditions;
- You don’t want to be bothered with constantly adjusting the focus if there’s an auto solution to that.
These Maven B3 8x30 binoculars are an award-winning model, famous for its premium features at a not a luxury-level price. These binos are fitted with ED lenses that allow for realistic color transmission and impressive brightness. This item will deliver exceptional low-light performance with a remarkable field of view and edge-to-edge clarity.
It’s worth mentioning the smooth focus mechanism and anodized aluminum adjustments that contribute to the durability of the item.
Should you need compact, all-purpose binoculars with high-class optics, it’d be a good point to take a closer look at the Maven B3 model.
The Maven B3 8X30mm ED Compact Binoculars are for you if:
- You are willing to pay more for premium-level optics;
- You are looking for binoculars with a really wide field of view;
- Compactness and light weight are top priorities for you.
If you want to find a budget-level, yet quality pair of binoculars that will suit both adults and kids, it’s worth going with the Opticron Savanna WP binos. Thanks to the minimum IPD (the distance between the centers of the two eyepieces) of 50 mm, this model can be used by children starting from 7 years old without fear of eye strain. Also, these 8x30 binoculars come with wide field eyepieces and a large depth of field for an even more comfortable viewing experience.
This lightweight and compact model can fit into a backpack or a hiking waist pack easily. Worth mentioning, these 8x30 binoculars have quality optics, ergonomic rubber armor finish, and are water-resistant.
The Opticron Savanna WP binoculars provide value for money and can become a favorite tool for wildlife watchers of all ages. Besides, these binos come with a limited lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.
The Opticron Savanna WP 8x30 Binocular is for you if:
- You are looking for a budget-friendly, yet quality pair of binoculars;
- You need an all-purpose device that you can share with your family/friends;
- You want to have compact and sturdy binos that you can take with you anywhere.
Nikon is known for its high-quality optics for a reason, and the Monarch series of Nikon binoculars is known and appreciated by many binos enthusiasts. This Nikon 7578 Monarch 7 model can boast of dielectric high-reflective multi-coating of its lenses and prisms that ensures high-contrast images with the correct color reproduction. The ED glass used in lenses also contributes to the clear, sharp view.
This model was first availed back in 2013, and since then, it remains an all-time favorite among users, when it comes to choosing portable binos with a crisp, bright view. These Monarch 7 8x30 binoculars will work well for birding, wildlife spotting, hiking, and other outdoor activities.
The Nikon 7579 MONARCH 7 8x30 Binocular is for you if:
- You want to go with a binocular model that proved itself to be great for any outdoor activities, from birding to hiking;
- You are willing to pay for high-quality optics with the right coatings;
- If you are looking for a present for someone, you can’t go wrong with this binocular.
Binoculars may not be the first item you pack for a hiking trip or put in the pocket before engaging in outdoor activities, but they do make a significant impact.
Equipped with any of the 8x30 binoculars discussed above, you can enjoy the beauty of the smallest details when on an outdoor adventure. Whether you are fond of wildlife observing, hiking, hunting, watching sports, or any other outdoor activities, getting yourself a high-quality pair of binos is worth it.