Binoculars are a highly versatile tool that let you see things closer and be able to discern a lot more detail than you would be able to using only the naked eye.
Their distinguishing feature are that they have two barrels, one for each eye, unlike telescopes, spotting scopes etc. This allows one to use both eyes while looking through, which feels natural and also provides stereoscopic vision. This in turn means that you get some depth perception and your brain has more visual information to work with.
Most binoculars are highly portable, some will even fit in your pocket. You can use them by simply holding them in your hands. There are some specialized binoculars though, that are just too big or have too powerful magnification, and have to be supported on something like a tripod.
Though fundamentally all binoculars are the same – they have lenses that magnify the image, prisms that turn the image upright and eyepieces which beam the image into your eyes – the price range is huge. It goes from $10 kids’ binos all the way to $3000+ professional top of the line items from elite optics brands.
Different shapes and sizes, as well as extra features, also make different models suitable for different tasks. For example, although you can use cheap compact binoculars while out at sea on a boat, you’ll be much better off with a professional marine product.
In this category, we review different binoculars by application, by brand and by features to help you find the best product choices for your particular circumstances.
- Rangefinder BinocularsRangefinder binoculars - we picked out the best binoculars with rangefinder, whether laser rangefinder or a range finding reticle, and reviewed them. Find the best laser rangefinding binocular models for distance measuring when hunting or range shooting. These range finders will help you measure distance the target quickly and easily. Email us firstname.lastname@example.org
- Athlon Optics Binoculars: Review for 2018We analyse the line-up of binoculars by Athlon Optics and review all their various aspects. In this article, we also provide some tips for buying the best binocular for your purpose.
- Reviews of the Best 8X42 Binoculars on the Market / Tips for BuyingSee the most recommended 8X42 binoculars models in our thorough review and buying guide. Choose your optics wisely.
- Best American Made Binoculars: Which US Brands Assemble Them in the States?Are there any binoculars manufacturers that still produce their optics in the USA? Fortunately, yes. We've looked around and found them. Read the article to find out more.
- A Review of Gosky Binoculars: Quality, Features, UsabilityGosky has certainly risen to fame for their affordable optics. How good are their binoculars? We review the most popular models and provide an overview of everything you need to know when buying binos.
- Choosing the Best Close-Focus Binoculars for Watching Butterflies and Other InsectsFew binoculars are suitable for watching insects and other small things up close. We review the top binoculars on the market for this job and provide a guide to choosing optics for this job.
- Best Backpacking BinocularsThe best backpacking binoculars are lightweight compact binoculars with high quality optics. We review the best compact binoculars for hiking, camping, birding and backpacking, for a reasonable price. See our buying guide, binocular reviews and top picks.
- Choosing Image Stabilization Binoculars for Boating, Sailing, Fishing and Other Marine Use: Reviews and Buying GuideWe cover everything you need to know about choosing stabilized binoculars for use on a boat and review the top models best suitable for the job. Read before making a decision.
- Best Image Stabilized BinocularsIn this section we cover everything that pertains to image stabilization binoculars: buying guides for particular purposes, how they work, how to choose them, and we also cover the most prominent IS binoculars models on the market.
- How to Buy the Best Binoculars for Use With One Eye OnlyRead our guide and reviews to get yourself the best one-eye binos for your purposes and your budget. We review the options available and discuss some of the top products on the market today.
- Alpen Optics Binoculars Reviewed + Buying GuideAlpen Optics makes some very nice optics for all purposes - we review their main binoculars models and offer a guide to buying the best bino for your needs.
- Review of Steiner's Military/Marine 8X30 BinocularsSteiner's optics are world-renowned, but of course, not all binoculars are created equal. We review the popular Military-Marine 8x30 model by Steiner and investigate its features, strengths and weaknesses.
- Wingspan Optics Spectator 8X32 Binoculars ReviewIn this article, we take a good look at the Spectator binos from Wingspan, and look at their features, pros and cons, plus some alternative products to consider.
- Review of Maven B1 Binoculars SeriesB1 is one of the most general-purpose binocular models from Maven. Let's have a look at the features and different aspects of this series.
- Best Binoculars Under 200Here's our 2019 no-nonsense guide to buying the best binoculars under 200 dollars. Finding the right pair of binoculars to fit both your needs and budget can sometimes be hard. The following are our top picks and reviews for the...
- A Review of the Top Night Vision Binoculars on the MarketThe market for night vision binos is complex and confusing. This article will help you take the confusion out of the equation and find the best product for your particular needs.
- 7 Tips for Choosing Good Safari BinocularsHow do you go about picking the right binoculars for your wildlife adventure? Read our tips to make the best choice.
- Sports Binoculars: Full Guide and Reviews (2018)Get the best of both worlds: the thrill of watching a live game and the close-up detail you'd get on TV - by getting yourself a pair of binoculars for watching sports. In this guide we review everything you need to know and show you the best products on the market.
- A Detailed Review of the Best Binoculars under 100 USDLet's see how to select binos when you're on a small budget and review some of the top picks for your money. You can get a fairly good binocular under $100 nowadays and this article tells you everything you need to know.
- Steiner 210 MM1050 Military-Marine 10X50 Tactical Binocular ReviewThis is one of Steiner's most popular products, but how good is it. Is it worth actually buying? Read this review as we dive into the details.
- What are the Top Marine Binoculars - Best Products Reviewed Picking great marine binoculars is not easy: read our guide and reviews before buying! We look at both the process of choosing as well as the top-most picks in the category.
- High Powered Binoculars - Reviewed for 2018Read our reviews of the best high powered binoculars for long distance viewing. The buying guide will help you make the best choice.
- Best Binoculars: Full Guide and ReviewsRead our guide to choosing and buying the best binoculars on the market. There are many options to choose from - we break down the selection process and make it easy to make a good buying decision.